Friday, August 2, 2013

A1 Certificate -- Do they have expiration or not?

Recently, there was a big debate whether the A1 Certificate have an expiration date or not. The A1 Certificate is a requirement for those who are applying for Fiancee visa or Family Reunion Visa to join their partners here in Germany.

To get a definite answer: I wrote an e-mail to Goethe Makati & another one to German Embassy Manila regarding this. Here are the screenshots of their respective replies:

~~~ Reply of the ~~~
Goethe-Institut Philippinen, Language Department

~~~ Reply of the ~~~
German Embassy Manila, Visa Section
With this, we can conclude that the A1 Certificate have no expiration date, BUT, the German Embassy Manila requires that the said certificate should not be more than a year old. Maybe similar to our NSO CENOMAR / CEMAR that they have a  certain validity period after day of print out. 

For further & more specific questions, kindly redirect your concerns to the German Embassy Manila as they are the best individuals to clarify & confirm answers. 

Good luck to you all!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this blog .,I have a question, are they(german embassyManila) going to do an interview if i can still remember the basic german language like A1 if my certificate is excatly one year and a month old.,Will they consider it ?cause it really bothers me to take another exam cause it costs a substantial amount of money.,i reall hope they would consider it.,i need your answer pls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They normally will ask basic questions about you and your partner (in tagalog or english, depends on which do you prefer). I do know someone whose A1 cert was a year plus old (but less than 2 years), and they accepted her A1 cert without any problem. Just give it a try okey & try not to worry about it. :) Good luck!!!

      Delete
  2. I had got A1 certificate in 2015 and i want to know that have A1 expiry? For example, it is already expire so what can i do. Please help he.... M very worried about it. I want to know when our certificate already habe 2 years ago then, can german empassy take test or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, as shown in the screenshot: the Embassy will be asking for you for an ''update'' A1 certification if it's more than a year old. This simply means that you can re-take the exam for your visa. It used to be that when you have an old A1 cert that the Embassy will simply interview you in German... however, I get to talk to some applicants who were not given this option anymore. They were told to re-take the exam instead. If taking the exam is not an option for you, maybe you can consider to continue your studies to A2 or B1.

      Delete
  3. I am going to do my A1 this sem and would be getting my certificate by june 2018!suppose, I continue and do A2,B1. And I do a job here for about 1 year and then try going to Germany for my ms! That time my A1 would have been expired but not B1! What would be the scenario at that time?! Should I do my A1 again?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and interesting information and informative too.Can you please let me know the good attraction places we can visit checkout: germany visa application

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I done my A1 in September 2021 and got my appointment in April 2022 my lawyer enquirie also done in June 2022 now I want for visa call but my A1 is expired in September 2022 can I do it agian or not will embassy give me a visa or not?
    anyone please help me

    ReplyDelete