Friday, February 17, 2012

My Visa Approval

My apologies for the delay of posting & I was stunned at the wonderful news (still am actually). I was contacted by the German Embassy Manila, Visa division via e-mail. They instruct me to send my passport, date-of-arrival to Germany & an option on how to send my passport to their office for the visa printing. I have not done any of those yet as my husband & I are still planning on our trip. I will write another post regarding how I send mine.

My visa was approved within a month since I applied & had my interview at the embassy. My husband did not follow up the Alien office at all as on the letter they send him, it was written that they prefer you do not make any follow up. Well, yes, you can but then you just get to hamper their work by needing to explain things for you and so on. They did send my husband a letter explaining that they have already "decided" on my case & have send back my documents to the German Embassy in Manila. However, due to their policies, they cannot reveal their answer: if yes or no. Simply put that not necessary mean they send their approval that the Embassy in Manila will no longer ask for additional documents. Yes, this do happens in certain cases.

In my case, I would consider myself lucky as there were no additional documents that were ask of me, nor did I undergo any "document checking". Most cases that I learn from my acquaintances that they were required for document checking: Some were already asked of this when their husband were getting their Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage document. While the others were ask of this after applying for their visas. I would think it is best to assume still that everyone is required to have their documents checked, so not to raise false hope.

Wishing the people who are waiting for their visas good luck & a speedy process.

And for those who are jumping in joy in learning their visas are already approved... Congratulation!!! Happy planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment