Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Barangay Certificate

The Barangay Certificate is also known as a Residency Certificate but is different from the Cedula. I was confused whether I need this as a wedding requirement or not. My wedding coordinator then enlighten me and said that I do not need this if I am marrying on the same city as where I was born.

So, I decided to get one since I was born in Manila but is now staying in the province. I wrote in a piece of paper my name, my address and my birthday then gave this to a worker of our to march to the barangay hall to get one for me for the purpose of marriage. He was back less than 30 minutes with a Barangay Certificate on hand and a receipt of 65php only. It wasn't hard at all.

Quick check online about it, I realize that the correct way to do it is to present a Cedula or an ID to get one. But yeah, this how I did it with my experience and that's that!

No comments:

Post a Comment